Getting Files and Information Out of Your School Google Accounts
Files and Information you can transfer: Emails in Gmail (not contacts, chats, or tasks), Documents that you own in Google Drive (except files in the "Google Photos") Documents in My Drive
Copy & transfer your files
Each time you copy files from your school account, a new set of copies is created in your personal Google Account.
- Create a Google account (if you do not already have one) If you have one skip this step
- Prepare your files- Be sure all files you want to copy are in your My Drive. (Add any files that have been shared with you to your drive.
- Enter the email address of the Google Account where you want to copy your content.
- Select Get code.
- On your Google Account (personal account), check your Gmail inbox for a confirmation email from Google. In the email, select Get confirmation code. A new tab will open with a code.
- On your school account, go back to the "Transfer your content" page. Enter the code, then choose Verify.
- Choose the content you'd like to copy, then select Start transfer.
Details about the copy process
The copy process usually happens within a few hours, but it can take up to a week. Copied files might appear in batches on your Google Account during the copy process. When your files are finished copying, you'll get an email at your Gmail address.
If you are having issues see Mrs. Moran in 204 B. She is usually on campus Mondays and Wednesdays.